Dr. John D. Cress
Dr. John D. Cress is dedicated to spreading the message of health and wellness in Buffalo Grove and Arlington Heights. His practice emphasis is in the treatment of migraines and headaches, sports injuries, neck and low back pain, musculoskeletal conditions and disc herniations.
In his spare time Dr. Cress is very active and participates in many community outreach programs such as the Buffalo Grove High School entrepreneur mentor program, chess coach in local catholic schools, and serving as a guest speaker to upcoming graduating students.
As an avid athlete Dr. Cress participates in my many sports, from running to volleyball. Being a lifelong runner he has competed in many races from local 5k’s to destination races such as 4Deserts 250k in Chile and upcoming in Sri Lanka. Growing up as an avid BMX freestyler, his love for cycling has grown from something cool with friends to 100 mile bike rides.
Degrees and Certifications:
- Doctorate in Chiropractic Medicine, National University of Health Sciences.
- Bachelor’s of Science degree in Sports Medicine, Radford University, Virginia.
- Acupuncture Certification, National University of Health Sciences.
- Dry Needling Certification, National University of Health Sciences.
- Kinesiotape Certified, Kineiotape
- Post-graduate seminars including: Metabolic X Syndrome, functional rehabilitation, nutrition and pain, golf injuries and mechanical evaluation,sports team physician, concussion evaluation and more.
- Illinois Chiropractic Association, Active Member.
Outside of the office:
- Creator of Color Blast Sk; over $50,000 donated since 2013.
- Chiropractor NPC Junior Body Building Championships, held annual in Chicago.
Past team chiropractic positions held:
- Olympic runner Ryan Hall’s foundation; The Hall-Steps Foundation.
- Northwest Memorial Hospital’s Friend’s of Prentice.
- Chicago Marathon team member for 5 years.
- Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure team member for 4 years.